Tuesday, June 17, 2008

That Kid Says the Darndest Things

Things David has been saying lately:
  • "Oh, that's clever." We have no idea where he picked that up.
  • "Actually . . ." He doesn't use it correctly and most of the time he doesn't even finish the sentence, but it's so cute hearing him say it. I think he got that from me.
  • "There, it's perfect."
  • "Come on." David says this in the mornings after Geoff has told him it isn't time to get up yet.
  • "Of, course."
  • "I love . . ." Tonight at dinner it was, "I love eggs."
He also seems to be developing quite a thick accent:
  • cauaw = cow
  • bayounce = bounce
  • theyair = there
We've also noticed how he seems to be picking up on a lot more concepts. Of course, I can't think of an example right now.
He's starting to make his own jokes and laughing at himself.
As I was putting his pj's on one night then walked my fingers across his belly to tickle him. He told me not to be a spider. I don't know if someone else told him that or if he came up with it on his own; I know I didn't tell him.
It seems he's beginning to develop some wit.

No comments: