Thursday, December 11, 2008

She's Growing!


Eve is growing! Now, you might be wondering why this is SO exciting for me. When David had his 2 month well visit with our pediatrician he had lost 3oz. 3oz doesn't sound like a lot but when you're a newborn it isn't good. So, the doctor suggested we begin supplementing him with formula. In hindsight I think this was a really bad idea. It began a vicious downward spiral of my milk supply. He ended up getting more & more formula & by 6 months old most of my milk had dried up. So, the fact that I'm exclusively breastfeeding Eve & that she's thriving is very exciting to me. Here's proof that's she growing. I don't know how well you can really see it in this picture, but her feet are straining again the ends of this sleeper that was a little big on her when we left the hospital. Also, the Pampers Swaddlers newborn diapers are getting a big snuf. We're going back to the doctor tomorrow. I'm excited to find out how much weight she's gained in the last 3 weeks. Eve is also beginning to smile & trying to make sounds (besides crying).

1 comment:

Nanette R. said...

Yea, Eve! I'm glad that she's eating well and growing like she should. I know that puts your mind at ease (a little bit maybe?). :-)