Tuesday, August 26, 2008

They don't make things the way they used to.

Why don't they make things the way they used to? When Geoff comes back into the bedroom this morning to kiss me goodbye before leaving for work, he informs me that the coffee pot is broken. I suspected as much. I tried a couple of times yesterday morning to brew a pot & it never brewed. Now, this coffee pot is less than two years old. I don't know what brand it is, but I expect even a generic coffee pot to last several years, say at least five. My mom gave us this one for Christmas 2006. So, for now, we are without coffee at home. I can handle this because I usually drink only one cup a day and I can get by with tea. Geoff, on the other hand, will have to make do with the coffee they have at work.

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

I think "they" think we won't notice that things don't last as long anymore. We have a microwave at work that worked one minute and stopped working the next and we've had it less than two years. There must be a small appliance graveyard somewhere for these poor things!

Steve said...

I have no idea
I share your frustration.